With this release Retweet is now able to retweet only if a tweet matches a user-provided regular expression (regex) pattern. This feature was fully provided by Vanekjar, lots of thanks to him!
- Retweet on Github (would be awesome if you star it on Github if you use/like it)
- Official documentation for Retweet
What’s the purpose of Retweet?
Let’s face it, it’s more and more difficult to communicate about our projects. Even writing an awesome app is not enough any more. If you don’t appear on a regular basis on social networks, everybody thinks you quit or that the project is stalled.
But what if you already have built an audience on Twitter for, let’s say, your personal account. Now you want to automatically retweet and like all tweets from the account of your new project, to push it forward.
Sure, you can do it manually, like in the old good 90’s… or you can use Retweet!
Twitter Out Of The Browser
Have a look at my Github account for my other Twitter automation tools:
- Feed2tweet, a RSS-to-Twitter command-line tool
- db2twitter, get data from SQL database (several supported), build tweets and send them to Twitter
- Twitterwatch, monitor the activity of your Twitter timeline and warn you if no new tweet appears
What about you? Do you use tools to automate the management of your Twitter account? Feel free to give me feedback in the comments below.