The main new feature of this release allows to create filters for each RSS feed, because before you could only define global filters. Contributed by Antoine Beaupré, Feed2tweet is also able to use syslog, starting from this release.
- Feed2tweet on Github (would be awesome if you star it on Github if you use/like it)
- Official documentation for Retweet
Some online services offer to convert your RSS entries into Twitter posts. Theses services are usually not reliable, slow and don’t respect your privacy. Feed2tweet is Python self-hosted app, the source code is easy to read and you can enjoy the official documentation online with lots of examples.
Twitter Out Of The Browser
Have a look at my Github account for my other Twitter automation tools:
- Retweet , retweet all (or using some filters) tweets from a Twitter account to another one to spread content.
- db2twitter, get data from SQL database (several supported), build tweets and send them to Twitter
- Twitterwatch, monitor the activity of your Twitter timeline and warn you if no new tweet appears
What about you? Do you use tools to automate the management of your Twitter account? Feel free to give me feedback in the comments below.
… and finally
You can help Feed2tweet by donating anything through Liberaypay (also possible with cryptocurrencies). That’s a big factor motivation 😉